Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fun with the Goos

Wow...as usual, the Goo Goo Dolls Concert on Friday night was SO fun!! They really do such a fun and energetic concert! It was packed....over 12,000 people were there! Michael seemed to have a fun time too; I even caught him tapping his leg a few times. :) At the beginning though, he kept asking me what some of the lines of the songs meant. So I had to explain to him that unlike country music, he would enjoy rock music (especially Goo Goo Dolls) more if he didn't try to make sense of the words. haha

Before and after the concert, we had some time to go around the fair. We had BBQ for dinner, then went to Sweet Martha's Bakery for some yummy chocolate chip cookies. We saw interesting foods like a fried snickers bar, fried oreos, fried milky way, etc. You name it, they probably fry it. I stuck with the safe caramel apple though for a snack. :)

It has been an absolutely gorgeous weekend with highs in the upper 70's to low 80's. Right now we have all our windows open letting in that fresh outside breeze in! Now, it's off to cleaning the apt...getting ready for our guests on Friday!!!








Michael at MN State Fair














SO crowded! Estimated 1,000,000 people visit the fair each year.














At the concert.












Goo Goo Dolls!!!!!















Snack after the concert...yum!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys are having fun! :) Even more happy to hear about the new friends!! The countdown to your birthday has begun!! :)

Misty Nelson said...

Oh it looks like you two had a great weeked! And I am so proud of Michael for being such a trooper! Looks lihe the northeners like to fry stuff as much as the southerners! :P I am so excited for you to have visitors for your birthday weekend! Be sure to take pics!

Amber said...

I've heard some discussion about company in Amsterdam?!? Just keeping the idea fresh in your mind....