Monday, August 6, 2007

Twins Game

We had a very nice and relaxing weekend. Saturday, we went to our first Twins game! And they won, so it made it even more fun! :) It's always neat to visit other baseball stadiums. The Twins play in the same arena as the Vikings; although, they are starting construction this year on their new outdoor facility.

Other than the game, we just had a lot of time at home, relaxing and watching tv. Sunday, we went to church at the Basilica downtown, and it was SO beautiful!! It is actually the first Basilica built in America. We were encouraged to see a lot of young married couples like us, so I have a feeling we will be going back there. :) After that, we drove around downtown for a while, but then got stuck in the traffic trying to get down to the bridge disaster area, so we decided to get out of there.
Pics from the game:
Did I mention that the high Saturday was in the upper 60's?
Cute fella! ;)
View from the nosebleed section. Luckily we took our binoculars!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see how it's gonna be... fair-weather fans.

Misty Nelson said...

Ahh...even when you are far from home it is good to know that there is still good ol' sports to make for a wonderful outing! Not sure how well the Twins are doing, but you must be good luck. I think baseball season is over down here in Texas - or it might as well be. I am SO ready for some football!

Glad you guys had a great time! And I bet the basilica was just beautiful!

Amber said...

When are you guys coming back down here to watch the Iowa Cubs play?