Monday, October 29, 2007

Fun with Amber!

Amber got in around 5:00 Friday evening. It was so great to see her and catch up after so many years! And although it had been over 3 years since we had seen each other, as soon as she got in the car, it was like I just saw her yesterday! And then of course, she told me I had to let go of hugging her so long b/c I was blocking traffic at the airport. haha :) Quick background...Amber and I met at A&M. She was overassigned to our dorm room our first year at A&M. So we were roommates for about 3 weeks. Then, with her as a journalism major and me having a PR minor, we had a couple of classes together and the rest is history. :)

Saturday, we took Amber to Sever's Corn Maze and Fall Festival! It is the largest corn maze in the U.S. and in addition to the maze, they had a hay bale maze, petting zoo with really neat animals, camel rides with the roaring camel (he sounded like a dinosaur), little jazz band, and were temped with lots of yummy fair food that was certainly not on our Weight Watchers diet. :) We did good in the maze. Well we did good if Michael led by the map. Amber and I led our trio in a few circles when we led. :)

That afternoon, Amber and I went for a car ride for some sightseeing of the Twin Cities. The tour turned out to be a bit longer than planned. It wasn't entirely my fault. If Mpls would make roads that made sense then I wouldn't have to get lost for 45 minutes. ;) Anyways, we found a really neat area in St. Paul that I had never seen before. We headed over to Cargill and after a few minutes of convincing Amber the geese on the lawn wouldn't get her, she got to see the pretty grounds. :) Then that night we went out to dinner and enjoyed just talking and laughing together.

We wrapped up Sunday with a little bit of shopping and then it was time to head back to the airport. We are so glad Amber was able to come and had such a wonderful time seeing her! I miss you Amb!


Me and Amber in the corn maze!

Amber leading us through the maze.

Aerial view of the corn maze when it was green!

Amber feeding the kangaroo in the petting zoo area.

Me with the Ze-Donk.

Michael and his buddy. :)

Blues/Jazz band.

Later in the day, Amb and I went to Mpls Sculpture Gardens.

3 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun! I am so glad Amber got to go up there for a visit! I am glad to see all these people getting my room broken in and you and Mikey getting the sit seeing route all ready for me and my trip! :D

Misty Nelson said...

I meant SITE seeing...I don't plan on doing any seeing while SITTING. :P

Amber said...

AWWW! That was a great corn maze! I'm so jealous! And you guys were worried you would be lonely in Mpls!

The other Amber