Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Recall! Recall!

Oh boy, how embarassing.

So today, Michael sends an email to 5 people in the Minnesota Aggie Club asking if there are any groups getting together to watch the A&M game this weekend and whether there are other opportunities to meet up with other Minnesotan Aggies. Wahoo! I was thinking "Another way to meet friends! I'm so glad Michael sent that!" So naturally, he copied me on the email as well as the other 5 people. So what do I do??? I accidentally hit reply ALL and say "Good job fella! I hope they respond! It would be great to meet other aggies!" As soon as I hit send, my mouth dropped. Oh no! I just let 5 strangers know I call my husband "fella"! hahaha Ug, I hit recall to hopefully recall the message so they wouldn't see it, but who knows if that function ever really works. oh well, what is done is done.

So I did one massive grocery shopping trip today. I realized it was time when I opened the freezer last night and there were a bag of frozen peas, a box of Weight Watcher fudgecicles and a package of pork chops. And that was it! (oh yeah, an an old freezerburned pork tenderloin that we won't eat, but that doesn't count) So I go, and after $12.00 in coupons and discounts, I still spent $160. eek. I tell you, my buggy was full to the top and it was so heavy the wheels started doing wierd things and it made this wierd groan every time I pushed it. Even the old lady in the grocery scooter in line behind me said "I want to come eat with you! You have some good stuff in there!"

While I was at the grocery store, I realized all little kids are the same. They always want anything in sight while at the store. I kept running into this mom with her little girl that was probably 6-7. On one aisle, the girl ran to the flavored water and pleaded for the flavored water. By the dairy section, she was asking for something else. Then again, by the cheese selection, her mom finally told her "You have already picked out many special treats!", but yet she pleaded "Oh boy, I SURE wish I could have some cheese sticks! (over and over again). Oh it was funny. I'm like "really?? now you want cheese sticks??" blah. What's funny is that I have heard kids plead for things at the grocery store, even in languages I can't understand. I could just tell what they were saying. haha Anyways, I couldn't help but to laugh on the inside as I pushed my overloaded cart away...

2 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

Oh no! I guess you are in the habit of hitting "reply to all" when chatting with me and Shelley! I will have to watch out for that myself!

And the thing wiht the kids...it doesn't matter where they are...they will find something that they just HAVE TO HAVE! :D

You will have to share what you bought at the store with me so I can get some ideas for next week!

Amber said...

Oh, my goodness! I actually laughed out loud, and Max wanted to know what the "silly words" said! Jared and I always think Murphy's Law should be changed to Michael's Law, so maybe you've been married too long! That is the best story!