We just had our first MN Winter Storm! The news said Eden Prairie got 5.5 inches! It is so beautiful and we've had such a fun day experiencing our first winter snow!
We got up around 8:45 this morning and it literally has snowed all day long...some heavy, some light, big flakes, tiny flakes, and some occasional sleet. We stayed in for a while and then just couldn't take it anymore. We just had to go outside and enjoy it! We walked around our apartment building to the back side where we weren't all that visible and then made some snow angels. :) hehe Michael attempted to make the bottom of a snow man but the snow was just too fluffy to roll into a ball.
Later in the afternoon I began to make some cookies and realized I didn't have enough sugar. So we bundled back up and walked to the dollar store that is in front of our apartment complex. Then tonight for dinner, we walked to a nearby restaurant for dinner. It was SO fun to walk through the crunchy snow. I know we won't always feel this excited for this kind of weather, but our first time in it has been really exciting. :)
We took tons of pictures, so here are some that show the progression of it all:
The view when we woke up - looking off our balcony
Around noon time

Around 2 or so

After the snow plough trucks came through parts of the parking lot

Trees across the street - good pic of the snow coming down!

Michael starting the snow angel

An angel in disguise ;)

Me getting to wear my snow boots for the first time (thanks Mom!)

On our walk around the apartment building; to the right is the parking lot of the bowling alley

Nighttime shot with no flash - it is still super light outside b/c of all the snow

Neat pic with the flash that only shows the nighttime snow

4 comments:
Holy cow those progression pictures are amazing! Wow!
Today we picked out our Christmas tree and it was 71. :-)
Stay cozy and warm!!!
Oh it is just gorgeous!!! Sounds like you had a great first snow! I miss Michael so much...he is so much fun!! Such a kid at heart! Burr...it is 56 degrees here right now! It's kind of the same! :D
I took a walk to check the mail through the sleet. Turns out the temp had gone up and there was only a thin layer of ice concealing ice cold water. And since I only wore my house shoes.... Let's just say I might have pneumonia. In my professional opinion.
Wow! I can't believe how quickly it changed! Michael looks like a Russian! :) Mom
Post a Comment