Thursday, April 24, 2008

EWWW

Disclaimer: I apologize in advance for just how random and inappropriate this story is. And normally random things like this only happen to Michael, but I guess they fell on me because he's out of town. Plus, I had to tell someone - so why not everyone right? :)

So today I was working at this offsite meeting all day that was at a local hotel. I've been planning this meeting for months, so while all the attendees were in sessions I enjoyed some relaxing time just sitting outside the room at the registration table to just chill out for a bit. I couldn't get the laptop to work that I had taken with me, so I wandered around the hotel a bit to look around.

The check in desk had free copies of USA Today so I grabbed one and took it back with me. I had only gotten a little bit through it when I had to fold it back up and actually do some work. So anyways, i had it folded up on my little table. So after the next break was over, the meeting consultant guy we hire as a consultant to run the meeting comes out and as he's walking by says "Do you mind if I borrow this a second?" (referring to my neatly folded newspaper). I said sure and smiled thinking he was going for a late breakfast in the atrium or something. So as I head out behind him to go to the hotel computer to check email, I see him round the corner...putting on his glasses...paper in hand....and going into the men's RESTROOM!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I'm sure the whole hotel saw me make that horrible face when I saw him go in there with MY newspaper. But I couldn't help that. That is just nasty! So of course the whole time I'm checking my email I'm thinking "surely he won't actually bring the paper back right??". Um yeah. When I got back, there was my newspaper all folded up on my table. And literally with someone standing right next to my table, I went over, picked it up with 2 fingers on the corner and dropped it in the trash can.

Ok, is it just me or is that not completely rude? What in the world? Dude, either get your own paper, or don't read mine while doing your bathroom business. Ug........

4 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

Let's not over look his decency of returning your paper. :D

Amber said...

Hahahaha! Poor guy just needed some reading material!

Anonymous said...

Man law states that once a paper is in-hand and headed to the bathroom it must never return (unless a few conditions are met). Obviously, these conditions were met. Unfortunately I am not at liberty to explain. Talk with Mr. Z., he should know.

Stephanie said...

Despite my husbands comments, I think it's totally disgusting and you had every right to want to barf!