They got in Friday night and we had a good dinner at Houlihan's. Saturday morning we went by Cargill so I could show Kristina where Michael and I work. We took the scenic route there and caught lots of pretty fall colors along the way. We even saw the group of wild turkeys that tend to hang out on the Cargill property. After that, we headed to the Mall of America. We definitely shopped til we dropped. We went to all the fun little kid stores - American Girl, Disney Store, Nickelodeon Store, etc. Annie and Luke had fun on the little carousel and had fun playing in all the stores we went to.
We were so pooped by the time we got home, we decided to just order in pizza and stay home for the rest of the evening. After the kids went to bed, we broke out the Pictionary. Katherine and I won 3 games in a row and then 1 more game today. hehe We were definitely in a groove! One of the words I had to draw was posse but Katherine still got it! hehe Michael and Kristina claim they just lose because they are bad rollers. Hmm. ;)
Today we went to church and then came home to get them packed up and nap time. Then we headed to the Sever's Corn Maze and Fall Festival. We had gone once before but it had been a couple of years. It was warmer today so it was nice - and boy was it crowded! The kids had an amazing time in the hay bail maze and they had the neatest exoctic animal petting zoo! We even saw a kangaroo with it's baby in the pouch! The baby climbed out, stuck its head in the pouch to eat a little and then climbed back in. It was so incredible! I had never seen anything like that before!
After that, it was time to take them back to the airport. It was such a great weekend and I'm so thankful they were able to come! I am so blessed to have my sisters!
On a different note, tomorrow night I'm flying to TX to be with my mom for her surgery this week. Please keep her in your prayers and that this surgery will be successful!
Here are some pics from the weekend!
Leaving the corn maze
This is just a short cute little film showing the kids clapping along to the little festival music. :)









7 comments:
Aww that looks like so much fun! Beth would have loved a maze of hay bales!
Your mom is in our prayers Kyla, as are you, your family, the doctors and her caretakers.
OMG I LOVE the video!!! HOW CUTE ARE THEY????
Kyla, we had a great time!! What fun sweet memories! Thanks for everything! I love you! Kristina
What a fun post! It was a super fun weekend! Thanks for everything and can't wait to see you this week! Loves!
Ahhh, I am glad y'all had a great weekend. It looked like a fun visit. I hope that you have a safe visit to Texas and we are keeping your mom and family in our prayers!
Say hi as you fly over us! I'm glad you guys had so much fun. My email is being funny, so I will probably try to call you soon!
Cute sister picture! Love, Faith
Post a Comment