I get up shortly after Michael leaves, do my morning get ready routine, have some prayer time, and then watch some tv while eating my breakfast. I normally get online for a bit in the morning if I don't have errands and stuff to run. Then it's time for Young and the Restless followed by lunch. I've found there isn't a whole lot on between 12-1, so I've actually gotten into a couple of cooking shows on the Food Network! I don't really plan to make half the stuff, but for some reason it's just entertaining to watch and see how they cut things, spices they use, etc.
The afternoons I generally reserve for being online and job searching. I've applied for a couple of jobs at Target (headquarters) and the Land o Lakes corporate office. On Friday, I got an encouraging email from a group at Cargill. I actually worked with this group a lot through my last position so they know me. They have a possible opening that should be posted soon and they wanted to see if it's something I would be interested in. I would actually really like this particular job, so everyone please pray that things go according to plan and that it all works out!
In between the job searching and stuff, it has been really nice to have time for a change to get things done. I like having time to take care of the house and get all my errands taken care of before all the crowds hit after work hours. One of my projects for last week was to plant some seeds for some herbs we are growing this year. So, I got them all planted and they are starting to sprout up! We have planted cilantro, basil, oregano, roma tomatoes, and then we still have some rosemary that survived inside through the winter from last year. We've realized how yummy it is to be able to cook with fresh herbs we've grown. Mmm! And the very best? Homemade bruschetta with homegrown tomatoes and fresh basil! Here are a couple of little pics showing the progress of the little seeds!
Look at my cute little pots! I wish they had one made for every herb!



2 comments:
I'll be praying about the job! How cool would it be to work at Target headquarters, though? I would bug you all the time for a discount!
We will keep you in our prayers for an upcoming job opening!!! It would be pretty cool to work for Target!! You've got that right - there is nothing on between 12-1 b/c that is usually when I am eating lunch too! :) Sometimes I record The Cosby show and watch it during lunch or it is my time to catch up on Dancing with the stars, however I really don't like the contestants this season.
Post a Comment