I can’t believe it is 6 years already! I know I probably say that every year, but it really does amaze me how fast time goes by! I was talking to Becky at her party Saturday telling her how much I love married life, etc and she told me that I was her inspiration and that she hopes after 6 years her and Brendon are as happy and as in love as we are. :)
Since we had the plans on Saturday, we went to our anniversary dinner last night at a Mexican food place. We never do gifts or anything – we just enjoy going to dinner and talking. It’s amazing as always to look back on our 6 years of marriage and look at all we have accomplished, places we’ve gone, and experiences we’ve had. Not too long ago, Michael and I were talking about how our relationship now is completely different than when we first got married. In fact, it’s even better. I’m blessed to have a strong and healthy marriage with the absolute love of my life.
Michael is such a kind and loving person. He always puts me first and he makes me feel so loved and special. He is by my side through thick and thin. I love his goofy sense of humor and all the people he makes laugh every time we are around them. I love his passion around sports and how excited he gets for the big games. I love his artistic abilities and the way he runs to get the camera in hopes of replicating the picture through paint or drawing. I love that our home contains so many pieces of furniture that he built with his own hands. I love how competitive he is and how he loves to play games with me. I love his sense of adventure and his desire to see the world with me (or least the majority of the Caribbean islands, hehe). I love his desire to succeed and the way he strives to grow in his career to provide for us. I love that after 6 years, every time I hear him come in the door I yell “HUSBAND!” and he yells back “WIFE!”. I love sharing in the blessing of the Sacrament of Matrimony with him. I love him – my one and only Fella.
A look back over the past 6 years:
2008 - St. Lucia

2009 - Beaver Creek, CO
2010 - Bahamas

2007 - our going away party

3 comments:
It's true- of all my friend's marriages, y'alls is definitely a marriage that inspires me more than many others! May God grant you many MANY decades more of each others love! Happy anniversary!
Congratulations on six years, and happy anniversary to one of my favorite couples! Many, many more!
Aww, Congratulations! I can't believe it has been 6 years! I feel like it was just yesterday when you were planning your wedding! That was a sweet tribute to Michael.
Post a Comment