Sunday, August 29, 2010

Couple of Updates

Update 1 - Home Beer Brew Project: A couple of weeks ago, we added the sugars that are used to carbonate the beer. Then we bottled them. Michael poured them into the bottles and I was the official bottle capper. :) They give you this fun little gadget that basically seals the cap onto the bottle. This weekend was the time where the beer should be ready. So Michael tried one today - apparently it tastes like real beer and he actually liked it!! :) I have to admit that its been fun to see how the whole process produces real beer!

Update 2: For my early birthday present, I (we) got a laptop! We've been wanting one for a while now but just couldn't really justify buying one when our desktop computer was still decent. The other one has been acting up and running super slow. So, we figured it was a good time to upgrade to the laptop. I'm so excited for it and it's so nice to sit here in the same room as Michael as I update the blog instead of having to go to the basement every time.

Here are a few pics:
Test pour - lots of carbonation - check!
Taste test time!

Random picture from after dinner tonight - a beautiful sunset

My new friend! I will call her Shiba. (short for Toshiba, hehe)

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Yea for brewing your very own beer. Glad Mikey liked it after all that hard work. That's a fun treat! And yea for Shiba! I bet you are loving being able to be on line and not be in the basement. Fun times! Congrats!

Amber said...

Shiba. Ha! Now you can deal with the inevitable lap top addiction. It's almost too convenient! I confess I have been very interested in your beer brewery. I like reading how it's made.