Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Yesterday was so very special to me. It was my very first Mother's Day and I got to spend it with my two favorite boys. :)

We got the clear from the doctor last week for public outings, so we made yesterday our first Mass as a family of 3. It was a little nerve wracking since it was our first time at Mass with Joseph, but he did great and it felt so great to be back at church. And my favorite part was being able to stand at the end of the mass and receive the special blessing on the mothers. I happily stood with the other mothers for the first time, with a smile on my face and a tear in my eye.

Michael gave me a sweet Mother's day card and Joseph gave me a card too with his little hand print - it was so very special. Michael gave me 2 pictures enlarged and framed from the pictures we had taken with the photographer in the hospital - they just melt my heart.

It was such a wonderful Mother's Day and I'm so thankful for the opportunity and blessing of being a mother to my sweet Joseph.


So sleepy!
Mother's Day!



Me and my sweet Joseph (after a wardrobe change for him due to a blowout diaper)



Love his little eyes

7 comments:

Ryan, Carrie, Brooke, and Heather said...

What a special mother's day! The pictures are so cute!

Katherine said...

What a special day you had! Mass, a mother's day blessing and wonderful gifts from Michael. And lots of cuddles from your baby boy, I'm sure! So, so glad you had such a very special day! You deserved it momma! Love you!

Katherine said...

What a special day you had! Mass, a mother's day blessing and wonderful gifts from Michael. And lots of cuddles from your baby boy, I'm sure! So, so glad you had such a very special day! You deserved it momma! Love you!

Anonymous said...

You all look just wonderful. I am so happy you got to get out a bit and go to Mass and enjoy Mother's Day! Joseph's face is just precious!
Love
amb

Anonymous said...

You all look just wonderful. I am so happy you got to get out a bit and go to Mass and enjoy Mother's Day! Joseph's face is just precious!
Love
amb

Misty Nelson said...

Oh Kyla! We have all prayed for your first mother's day! It brings such joy to my heart picturing you standing in church with your sweet baby boy!

Kristina said...

I LOVE seeing all the pictures! He's so sweet Kyla and I cant wait to get my hands on him! It looks like Faith and Jimmy had a great visit! I know they enjoyed thier time with him! He's so precious and his little face just gets sweeter with each pic! Love that one of the two of you! And all his sweet expressions, what a cutie! love you!