Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Minnesota

I had all intentions of doing this post before we moved, but things got so crazy right before we left and I just ran out of time.


I basically just wanted to reflect back on our 4 years of living in Minnesota. It was such a hard decision of whether or not we were going to move to Minnesota, but after a lot of prayers we felt God was leading us there and that it was the right thing for our family.


The hardest part about living in Minnesota was being away from our families and friends back home. We moved to MN determined to make the best of our time there and knew that would mean making efforts to get involved, meet new friends and try to experience all the things that Minnesota had to offer.


It's amazing that we went to MN a duo and came back to Texas as a trio. So it's safe to say that our best memory of Minnesota was the day our precious Joseph came into our lives. The other part that made our lives so happy there were our incredible friends. I know I've said it before, but I never imagined that God would bless us with so many wonderful friends. We went through so much with our friends there. We were part of their weddings, shared in their pregnancies and births of little ones, went through job changes together, and were introduced to so many new things. We are so happy to be back in Texas now but already miss our friends there so much.


So as my final "Minnesota post", I've pulled some pictures that look back on our 4 years in MN and a list of "First Things" we experienced while we were there....


First big snow - and first snow angel :)



First time at the MN State Fair

First time in Stillwater, MN on the St. Croix River


First time in Walnut Grove - home of Laura Ingalls Wilder


First MN Twins baseball game


First time to pick strawberries from a strawberry patch


First time to see -23 degrees!


First time at Lake Superior


First time to see such beautiful fall colors


First time to pick apples from an apple orchard


First time to tailgate for a football game in 5 degrees


First camping trip in MN


First time in front of a tulip garden at the MN Arboretum


First time to snowmobile across a lake

First time to snowtube! (also in 5 degrees)


First time to go through a corn maze


First time to see the start of the Mississippi River
First time at the Feed My Starving Children Gala
First time to brew a batch of beer
Love at FIRST sight
And our amazing group of friends that made the whole experience so wonderful

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful post, Kyla. I know y'all will have some precious memories and that Minnesota will always hold a special place in your lives. But Texas is happy to have you back. :-)

Katherine said...

Awww girl, that's a nice post. You guys have many great memories from MN that I know you will always hold near and dear to your heart. I'm glad you guys made the most of your time there and truly enjoyed all that God brought your way. Now having said that, I'm thrilled you guys are back! :)

Heather said...

Great post! We miss and love y'all so much! I'm so happy you have this blog, so I can stay updated on your lives when we're not skyping.
Heather :)
PS I'm looking at tickets for this fall.

Amber said...

You totally made the most of your time up north! what a great post!

Grandma! said...

What a wonderful reflection of the past 4 yrs. It made me a bit teary I have to say. You and Michael have some wonderful memories that will always stay with you. The best being Joseph Michael! What a blessing he is! Knowing you had such good friends there helped me to know you were ok. We loved coming to see you, it's a beautiful place and so many things to do. I'm glad we were able to meet some of your friends. You definatly made the best of having to be so far away. We are so happy to have you back home in TEXAS, our prayers are answered.