Friday, November 11, 2011

Picture

Last weekend we headed back to East Texas. My cousins and I got all the greatgrandkids together to take a picture for my grandpa for Christmas. My Grandpa is on his 3rd round of chemo and is unfortunately having various health problems, so we thought this would be an uplifting picture for him to see 3 generations down in his family!

We dressed all the kids in red, white and blue since my GP is a military man and loves his country so much. I can't wait to see the finished product from the photographer! It was definitely a challenge, but it went a lot better than we thought it would. We took the picture at the Texas State Railroad in Rusk.

After that we headed out to the deer lease to see my dad, aunt and uncles, and my Grandpa who were all out there for the weekend for the opening of deer season. It was my first time to see some of them since moving back, so it was so great to see family again!

We got to spend some time at my sister Kristina's house in Tyler after that where the kids enjoyed a bounce house that was there for Grace's birthday party the next day.

Unfortunately, when we all got home from the fun weekend, 10 out of 15 of us caught the same stomach bug. I got it Sunday night and was out all Monday but luckily Michael didn't get it til Tuesday - whew! Joseph never got it and I'm SOOO thankful!


The Great Grandkids

Such a beautiful bunch of kiddos


Out at the deer lease - Joseph's first time in the woods
Mom and Dad with all their grandkids
My dad and his siblings with Grandpa
Me and GP - he was by the fire trying to stay warm since it was a pretty cool morning
We love our GP!

2 comments:

Becky said...

What a special time, Kyla. I am really glad that you had the opportunity to do that. It is so amazing to see all of the generations.

Ryan, Carrie, Brooke, and Heather said...

What a special picture! He will love it and I love the red, white, and blue!