Monday, January 9, 2012

8 months

Seeing as Joseph is one week away from turning 9 months, I figured I better get my act together and get his 8 month update out! :)

Every day, Joseph is just more and more fun! He always makes us smile and it amazes us to watch how quickly he learns and grows!

A big part of the past month has been his eating - this little guy LOVES to eat! He continues to do great on his solid foods and I'm still introducing new foods every 4-5 days. In the morning, I give him some oatmeal cereal or rice cereal and usually some fruit of some sort. Around lunch time, he has whole plain yogurt (yes, it's nasty and smells and tastes like sour cream but he LOVES it!) and a veggie of some sort. Then at dinner when we eat, we give him a couple of servings of other stuff - normally a veggie and fruit. He also snacks on some baby puffs and cheerios too and is doing great picking those up with his little fingers.

His most exciting development is that he is beginning to "crawl" around a bit! I say "crawl" because it's still a bit of a modified version. It's not full army crawl either....it's kind of a half roll and reach. But he is getting more coordinated with it and getting faster. We kinda think it looks like he is doing a swim stroke so I'm hoping that means we'll have a good swimmer one day, hehe!

Joseph has also really become so excited about his daddy. It's been hard in previous months because naturally Joseph is used to me a little more since I'm with him all day long. But he certainly knows his Daddy now and gets SO excited when Michael gets home. He gets a big smile on his face, starts flapping his arms and kicking his feet...it's sooo sweet! And I know how much it warms Michael's heart too, so it's fun to watch them so sweet together. He's also started to wave at people! He knows how to capture the hearts of all the nurses at the doctors office - he just waves at everyone and has them all smiling!

Here are some pictures from month 8:


8 month growth pic with Kermie
Such a happy baby!


Using the self feeder to have some banana


He's definitely a messy little eater


He's getting stronger to support himself when standing up to something


Loves his cuddle time with Daddy

Here is a little video of him doing his little crawl! I've realized I need to motivate him with a toy or something he can actually have instead of the remote control. But the remote sure does work good!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh he is so cute! He's going to really take off now. He has the sweetest smile. Grandma loves you Joseph

Charlie said...

He definitly has his own unique way of getting around. How cute he is

Katherine said...

Oh goodness that is too cute. He really isn't going to give up that rolling is he? Part crawl, part roll that is hilarious! Whatever works right? Sweet boy!!

Anonymous said...

There's no stopping him now!! : )
Grandma Z.

Heather said...

Thank you so much for posting all these adorable photos, videos, and updates. It's so great to see what y'all are up to.
Can't wait to see you in March!
Love & miss you,
Heather :)