Happy 2012 and I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
I am clearly super behind on blog posts given the busy holidays lately, so I'll post our Christmas in 2 different parts.
The week before Christmas, I took Joseph to see Santa at the mall! Unfortunately we got there 2 minutes after Santa left for his lunch break, but it worked out ok since I had more shopping to do. When Santa came back, Joseph did well sitting in his lap! I was really worried he would be scared or cry but no tears! He didn't really smile either, but I was just thrilled he wasn't upset. :) After the lady took the picture (below), Joseph just turned and looked up at Santa trying to figure out just who he was. It was so cute and I wish I had a picture of it!
That week, my mom was off work for the week, so she came and spent a few days with us. She was such a great help and was able to watch Joseph for me while I had a dr's appt and dentist appt. So much easier to do that kind of stuff while not having to entertain the little guy. ;) Mom is so great with Joseph and he just loves her. She was also a great help for me and helped me wrap all my Christmas presents! :) It was so nice to have those days with my mom!
The day after my mom left, Michael's parents came in town for a couple of days! We had a wonderful Christmas dinner over at Michael's sister Lauren's house and enjoyed spending time together. Joseph had a blast with Faith & Jimmy as well and had fun playing with them while I made my holiday fruitcake (Michael's grandmother's recipe). Michael smoked us a brisket the last night and we had a yummy dinner together and watched a movie after Joseph hit the sack!
It was so fun to have time with our parents prior to Christmas. It brings me so much joy to see them interact with Joseph and it's amazing how much they love him and he loves them. Joseph is so blessed to have 4 wonderful grandparents!
Check back in a few days for part 2!
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I adore your fireplace! Glad you guys had a good Christmas part one!
Post a Comment