Monday, October 8, 2012

Half Way There!

Last week marked my 20th week of pregnancy - officially the half way point!  In some ways it feels like I've been pregnant for a while, but then it's hard to believe that it's already half way over!   I feel so happy and thankful that I have felt so good during pregnancy.   I don't get nauseous or sick and really the only thing I have is fatigue - so I appreciate being to enjoy this special time!  I also started feeling baby boy move over the past week and a half or so.  It's that sweet little flutter feeling and not all that consistent yet, but I absolutely love feeling those little movements.

Last Tuesday, I had my 20 week ultrasound.  That's where we received confirmation that the baby is definitely a boy!  :)    More importantly though, all of the anatomy scans looked good and baby is looking great!   He was SO cute and I loved just being able to stare at him and his little beating heart for so long!      There was one time where all of a sudden we saw his little face and nose and it just brought tears to my eyes to see my little one up close like that for the first time.    During part of the scan, he had his little hands in fists up near his face and he kept moving his arms to where she was trying to get pictures of various body parts.

During the scan, he was breach - so his head was up under my belly button and feet were at the bottom of my tummy - luckily it's not really a concern at this point since I already know I'll be having a c-section.  He was also face down (looking towards my back) but luckily the ultrasound lady was able to get all the measurements and pictures she needed.      The only thing they had to note was my low lying placenta - so I'll go back at 28 weeks for another ultrasound to make sure that corrected itself as the uterus and baby grows.

At the end of the ultrasound, she double checked and baby is ceratinly a boy and not afraid to show off his little manhood!  :P    Michael and I both laughed at just how obvious it was!   And of course Michael had to boast "That's my boy!!".   :)       

Sweet little guy face down in the fetal position - the white line under his tummy are his legs folded up underneath his tummy.

Little booty shot pushed up towards the top and leg to the right

This is looking up towards his upper lip and bottom of his nostrils

Oh how I already love this little profile - love his little hand at the top by his face

Everytime I see these pictures I just want to say "Awww, hi!!!"


Left foot - this is when he stretched out and looked like he was pushing off and bouncing off the edge of the sac

Sweet little leg and foot

Right foot

Arms with hands in fists

Little face

One more profile shot - love his little nose and lips in this pic

This is looking up from underneath his legs and our "proof" that he's a boy!

VIDEO
When the ultrasound lady gave us the pictures on a CD, I think she included this little video by mistake.  It's so neat though because you can see his heart just pumping away!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulayions again!!! How exciting to know for sure that you are welcoming a little boy. Great pictures!!

Amber said...

I'm so curious to know what he will look like!