Sorry, but this is a bit of a vent post. Perhaps it's due to my nesting mentality right now and my desire to want to accomplish things quickly and get them marked off my to do list. Lately though I feel like the most simple of tasks is dragging out forever and it's driving me nuts! Here is a little summary of my frustrations lately...
1. Back in the end of November, I got a Catholic Children's Bible engraved for our new Goddaughter, Victoria. I wanted her name engraved on the left side since there is a cross on the right side. When I picked it up, the name is in the middle and totally crooked. I ended up returning it a few days later because I was just so unhappy with the way the engraving turned out. They told me they would order a new bible (because of course they were out) and redo it for me. Well, it's January 13 and I still don't have the bible in my hands to give to Victoria who was baptized December 3. Apparently the publisher was backordered until February so instead of just checking with other options the guy had to call me first. I told him it was fine to check with other options and then apparently the company was shut down for a couple of weeks over Christmas. And now I'm still waiting on the bible. And when it finally comes in, I will have to make my 5th trip to the bookstore which is about 20-25 minutes away, on the tollway.
2. We recently bought a new recliner for our living room from Lazyboy. They have a 30 day price guarantee to where if they sell the chair for less in that time and you call for the price, they will refund you the difference. Well after Christmas, we decided to just check in on the price and sure enough it was a tiny beat cheaper - only about $15. But we figured, well heck that can be a pack of diapers. Well we were told we had to talk to the manager and to call back the next day. I call back and he told me he was super busy and would call me by the end of the day. Well, a WEEK later and about 5 more calls and messages from me, I finally get a hold of the guy and get him to give me my $15. By that point, the $15 wasn't worth it but who would have thought such a simple transaction would be so complicated. I of course expressed my frustration with his lack of response.
3. Our Direct TV box has been acting up and is quite old, so after spending an hour on the phone with them trying to troubleshoot our problem, they finally agree to give us a new upgraded box which is what we were hoping for. We schedule the appointment for this past Wednesday where the service guy was supposed to come between 12-4. They call at 3:30 and say the guy is running late because of the bad weather but he was still coming. At 5:30, I call for an update and at 6:00 I get a call back that they found out the guy apparently decided to quit working half way through the day and was probably going to get fired from it all. So they have to reschedule us for yesterday (Saturday) from 12-4. The guy actually showed up around 1:10 and I kid you not was here all afternoon and didn't leave until almost 5:00! Of course he couldn't get it to work and finally realized the problem was we probably needed a new HDMI cable. Luckily, we got one later that night and things are working fine now.
I have other examples including still waiting on home repairs from our builder that I submitted back in November, but I'll stop at this. :) I promise the next post will be more happy and positive but I just had to get this out of my system.
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my gosh, it's things like that that make my blood boil! I know they are relatively small, but I have almost gotten out of my car and yelled at car rider line at school. So I'm with you!
All you're asking is "just do your job". It's not that hard!!,,,,
Post a Comment