Friday, May 31, 2013

Back to the Zoo

On May 1st, I went on our first big outing/playdate.  We went with Bridget and her girls back to the zoo - one of my favorite places to go!  We had a crazy cold front come in the night before, so it was crazy to be in long sleeves and jackets on May 1st!!

It was a gorgeous day but very windy.  Andrew started off pretty fussy in the stroller, so I put him in the baby bjorn and he went to sleep until we stopped for lunch!  Joseph loved the outing - I think we were both so glad to get out of the house for a change! 

Joseph and Alexandra had so much fun together.  They actually stayed put in their strollers for quite a while for a change.  Then we got them out to let them stretch their legs and they had a blast running and playing together.  Joseph seemed a lot more interested in collecting sticks than he did the wildlife we were surrounded by!   I kept trying to get him to focus on the animals but then I just realized that he was having a blast with his little sticks and that is all that mattered.

I'm so glad we made it back to the zoo before the hot weather gets here.  I know it is one of many fun trips to the zoo we will have with both boys!
Just arrived at the zoo - my first big outing to use the double stroller!

All warm and cozy in the stroller for a little snooze

With Bridget, Alexandra and Victoria

Me and my boys at the flamingo exhibit

So hard to get them all to look at the same time

Finally out of the strollers!

Let the exploring begin!

Inside the reptile indoor exhibit - Joseph ran in with a handful of sticks and Alexandra had a little piece of tree limb - haha

They loved the fish!

Inside the little tunnel they can crawl through in the aquarium

Little bright eyes!


With our sweet friends

2 comments:

Grandma! said...

What a fun day! Joseph is all boy with his sticks! Precious littles!

Katherine said...

So glad you are getting out and about with your little guys! What a fun day. I bet Joseph loved it and love that he was all about the sticks! Such a toddler boy! So fun! You look great, by the way! Miss you!