Thursday, June 27, 2013

4 Months

Time for Andrew's monthly update!  For some reason 4 months seemed really different to me - it's like it is starting to sound more big baby than it does newborn.  :\   But, at the same time with that comes lots of fun things!

Andrew's biggest moments this past month was he laughed for the first time and he rolled over from his back to his stomach!   He laughed the day before he turned 4 months and then the next day on his 4 month birthday, we were at Bridget's house and he rolled to his tummy for the first time!   Now, he is really rolling like crazy. As soon as I put him on his back on the activity mat, it's only a matter of a minute or two before he is on his tummy looking around.   It's such a huge thing because once babies become mobile, they are mobile for the rest of their lives!   Which means, things will get even more interesting around here.  :P

The past month has been really trying in regards to Andrew's nights and feedings.  I feel like I say that each month.  I certainly don't intend to sound like I am complaining but really just want to document it since I use these blog entries as a journal of sorts for the boys.   While Andrew has never really done that great at night, the past few weeks were pretty tough.  Lots of wakings and really bad gas pains.  It's such a helpless feeling to see your baby screaming and kicking their legs with bad tummy pains.  :(    

We also reached a big point in his feedings.  I got to where I realized I just couldn't make enough milk for Andrew.  He was constantly still hungry and unsatisfied.  I got us into the doctor a little early for his 4 month appointment and the doctor said it was probably time to start supplementing with formula...and honestly I was at peace with that because I know it is what is best for Andrew.  He is still getting the same amount of milk from me but now he can finally get full and hopefully gain the weight he needs to.

At his 4 month appointment, he weighed 10 lbs, 15 oz (5th %) and was 24in long (25%) and head was 25%.   We got back tomorrow for a weight check and I am praying the supplementing we have been doing will help him start gaining weight at a faster pace.

Developmentally though, he is right on track.   He is doing great with his naps too.  There for a while naps were hard because he would wake up after 10 minutes and I would have to start all over again. Now he goes down relatively easy and typically takes at least one really long nap each day along with a couple of other decent naps.      He chews on his hands and fingers like crazy and is getting more coordinated with putting toys in his mouth too.   He loves his activity mat and even sat in his bumbo for the first time the other day!    He is such a smiley baby!  You barely have to look at him or even say anything and his whole face lights up!  He just melts my heart!

Tummy time!  Look at that head and neck strength!

Sweetness

Enjoying some playtime with Mommy while Joseph was napping one day

Tummy time on Daddy!

Love his eyes in this pic

There's my smiley boy!

First time in the Bumbo


4 month pic!  I was so happy I got a smile!

Cheese!

Sweet brothers!  Really hard to get a pic of both of them looking and smiling!

He's starting to find himself in the mirror  :)
 
And for comparison, here are his growth pics over the past 4 months!

1 month

2 months

3 months


4 months

1 comment:

Amber said...

Ugh on the eating and sleeping issues! That's rough. At least he's a cute smiley little redhead to make up for it! :)