What a busy month for little Andrew! The week of Christmas he cut his first two teeth! A couple days after Christmas he also took a couple of steps on his own! He is getting such good balance, he pulls up on anything and everything, he scales along things very well and he is starting to walk when we walk behind him and hold his hands. I have a feeling this guy may be walking before his first birthday!
I had to take Andrew to the doctor a few weeks ago for some dry spots he was having on his skin. Turns out he has baby eczema. I didn't know this but apparently he will always have it, for the rest of his life. So we have to moisturize him lots to help with his little dry spots. We also had to change detergents and body soaps. He went on a steroid cream for a week and it helped lots with the little patches he had.
We are still working on his solid foods. I am realizing that I think he is a very texture oriented person when it comes to eating. But I'm trying to get a little more consistent with offering him table foods more and more. He loves his cheerios and puffs though!
I've also determined that Andrew is just not a good sleeper. His naps are even on a weird schedule because I have to wait until he is absolutely ready before putting him down. So if we are going somewhere he will just nap in the car. But, if we are home all day he won't nap til maybe 11:45 or later. Which puts him needing another little nap around 5:30ish - really not an ideal nap time. At night it has been brutal again, mostly because of teething, I think. The problem is he won't take the pacifier and he gets so upset and worked up that it takes normally at least an hour to get him to go back to sleep. It's very frustrating but it also makes me sad for him because I know he feels tired but he just hasn't learned how to surrender to that feeling and just go to sleep.
He is babbling a lot more and it's so cute. He says "Da" a lot and many other little sounds. Still working on "mama"! He still adores Joseph (most of the time, ha!) and loves to crawl and be by Joseph's side whatever he is doing. He will even crawl in the tunnel with him but then a lot of times gets scared by Joseph being too loud so he turns around and hightails it out of there. :)
Andrew weighs around 21 lbs and is in 12 month clothes and size 4 diapers. He is getting close to being ready for his first hair cut too! His eyes are still a beautiful blue and his hair a very strawberry blonde. He is definitely my cuddle bug. He loves to be held and is happy to be carried wherever. But goodness is he getting heavy!
Here are some pictures of our very active little 10 month old!
| Playing in the Tupperware while Mommy makes dinner |
| Helping Mommy sweep the pantry |
| He loves the blinds |
| And loves to climb up on things! |
| He stands at the dishwasher everytime I load or unload it. |
| He is up here because he is obsessed with pulling the nightlights and air fresheners out of the outlets! Eeek! We thought moving the nightlight behind this little table would help but not so much! |
| Playing with their bowls and lids |
| Pushing the chair across the floor |
| Oh goodness, I had my work cut out for me on this one! |
| There's that sweet smile |
| So silly |
| Another picture Mommy?? |
| Pulling off his 10 month sticker |
| Little pose! |
| "Photo session over - I'm outta here!" |

No comments:
Post a Comment