It was about 5000% humidity the day we went so we planned to go nice and early. The day we went was after the week where Houston got about 9 inches of rain. So there were some very muddy areas but we managed. Luckily we put Joseph in his rain boots which worked out perfect.
I kept Andrew in the stroller as long as he could stand it because I knew after I got him out, I would just do nothing but chase him around! :) But having said that, he loves to be outside and I like when he has new places to explore. Joseph wasn't into picking quite as much as he was last year, but he managed to eat his fair share for sure.
We ended up with 8 1/2 pounds of blueberries - YUM! We have made so many cobblers and I made a new recipe of blueberry & lemon crumb bars that were super good too.
Not to mention, a few weeks before all this, we discovered a HUGE wild dewberry patch behind our neighborhood. Let's just say we picked enough to make homemade jam, a couple of cobblers, froze some and still lots to munch on. And those were free! :) Love this pick your own fresh fruit thing!
| Joseph picking his first berry with his own little bucket |
| So focused ;) |
| Loves being with his daddy |
| They had a bit of fun with the buckets before we left |
| Michael picking berries |
| CHEESE! |
| Andrew keeping himself busy |
| Here Comes Trouble! |
| Andrew heading with Daddy to go weigh all our berries |
| My precious boys - I can't believe everyone's looking the same direction! |
| Homemade cobbler that night |
| Ta-da! |

No comments:
Post a Comment