Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Daughtry & Goo

A couple of months ago, my good friend Shelley texted me saying her boss gave her 2 VIP tickets to the Daughtry/Goo Goo Dolls (!!!) concert in The Woodlands the end of June.  When she gave me the exact date, it turned out it was the night before we left for vacation.    But I decided there was no way I could miss this great opportunity with my sweet friend! 

Shelley and I met for dinner in The Woodlands before and then carpooled over to the pavilion for the concerts.  She works for a huge oil company on the executive level, so our seats and parking were all VIP.  Too fun!   We hung out in the VIP lounge a little while and chatted before the concert and then headed to our amazing seats where we had our own waiter!

Daughtry performed first and WOW!  He did an outstanding concert!  And he interacted with the crowd in such a fun way. So fun!  Next came the Goo Goo Dolls!  This was my 5th time to see them in concert!  It was a really fun concert too and fun to see them perform songs from their latest cd.   I have to admit though, I don't think it was their best performance ever.  For some reason, the acoustics seemed way worse when GGD performed compared to Daughtry.  It was still a blast too and I was on my feet the whole time!   Such a fun way to kick off a week of vacation!

Me and Shelley in our seats before the concerts

Daughtry - so close!

While Daughtry was performing!

Goo Goo Dolls!!! (since they performed last, it was dark and I didn't get as good of pictures)

3 comments:

Becky said...

What great fun! Glad you were able to get out for some girl time :)

Katherine said...

So fun! Those seats are amazing! So glad you were able to make it work before your vacation. What fun!

Amber said...

They are coming to our area, and i so thought of you! (You're always welcome to come up if you need to see them a sixth time. :) )