Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Matthew 3-5 months

Oh how I wish I had all the time to do monthly posts for my sweet Matthew.  So I will try to do a bit of catch up.

Things have been going great for our sweet baby.  He is healthy and so incredibly happy. He really is my happy baby.  He is so easy going and only fusses when he is tired, hungry or wants to change of scenery.  He is sleeping good too.  Matthew normally wakes up around 7am for the day and then goes down at night between 8-9pm.  He takes 3 naps a day - 9/10ish, 1ish and 4ish, all depending on how long each nap is...normally about 3 hours in between naps.   He does well at night time too, but he is very unpredictable.  A couple of nights lately he slept until 5:30am, but then the next night he wakes up at 2:30.  So I never quite know what to expect!

At his 4 month appointment, he weighed 14lbs, 8 oz (21%), was 24.75" long (19%) and head was 20%.  So far he is a pretty little guy but he is staying on the same growth curves which is excellent.  I am having to supplement his feedings with formula as of about a month and a half ago.  It is a bummer but I've learned from my experience with Andrew to just do what is best for the baby and not put so much pressure on myself when some things are just out of my control.  But he is thriving and doing great so that is all that matters to me!  :)

About a month ago, I pulled out the exercauser and it has been a great new activity for him and a good change of position that gets him off the floor.  He has really learned how to play with all the toys and enjoys it so much.  He also still likes his activity mat and grabs and swings all the toys.  He also loves to be held and will just sit there and lick my shoulder.  :P   He enjoys playing in his bouncy chair as well.   Both Joseph and Andrew have become very interested in Matthew and love talking to him and making him smile!  Love those sweet moments!       And a few milestones I want to remember...he started smiling around 5 weeks.  And close to 3-4 months (I think) was when we got his first little giggles out.  You have to work pretty hard to make him laugh but our little guy is pretty much all smiles all day long!

At 4 1/2 months, we introduced rice cereal to him.  We started oatmeal last week and just last night I gave him some pureed avocado!  He is doing ok with it.  He is somewhat interested in it but still is pretty uncoordinated with eating off the spoon.  He tends to just want to lick it off which is a little tricky.  ;)

I think Matthew has gotten to used to his little life on the go as we have been quite busy with all the events and outings that involve his big brothers.  I feel bad sometimes that he has to spend so much time and naps in his car seat but the nice part is that he has become a very good little traveler and will just fall asleep without making a peep.  He will sleep through entire masses at church, meals at restaurants and entire grocery store trips if I time it just right.   This is huge because neither of our other two boys would ever stay asleep for stuff like that!  I always wondered how all these babies were asleep in the restaurant and now I have one that does!  :)

I have to say that I feel like the transition from 2 to 3 kids has gone better for me than 1 to 2 kids did.  I think I was a lot more prepared mentally this time and used to having to always multi task and realize that I have to divide my time between all my little guys.    If I had to summarize the transition to 3 kids, the word I would use is just "BUSY".  Sheesh, I feel like life is just so busy....just from having an infant in general, having 3 kids, and having my oldest child of age where he is in events, etc.  It's still a daily struggle to find that balance of playing and spending time with the boys and trying to keep the house, laundry and meals somewhat organized.       Now having said all that, I realize just why the past 5 1/2 months have flown by the way they have.     I really am enjoying Matthew's baby phase so much and truly want time to slow down.  But I know it won't and I know I have to treasure every precious second because it goes by all too fast.    He is such a blessing and the other day I was looking at him and wondering how our family ever was complete without him as a part of it!  :)


So smiley and sweet!


He loves his activity mat

First time in the bumbo! - 3 1/2 months


Swinging with Daddy

Getting ready for his first taste of cereal

"Hmmm..."

"What is this???"



Now that's more like it!

At his 3 month photo shoot at JCP

Andrew supervising the diaper changes

And Joseph having some cuddle time

Getting ready for jammies!


3 months
 

4 months


5 months

No comments: