Thursday, June 21, 2007

A Cargill Family!

Well, I have some happy news! I got a job offer today with Cargill!!! (Michael's company) So as our friend Jared called us today...we are now Mr. & Mrs. Cargill! :) haha I interviewed for this position 2 weeks ago and they called today with the offer! It is for an Administrative Assistant position with the Dressings, Sauces, and Oils Division. (sounds kinda random I know) I think it will be great experience and I feel really excited about it! It also has room for advancement, so that is encouraging.

I will be working at what is called the Lake Office, which is an old mansion someone used to live in. It is HUGE and has fireplaces everywhere, spiral staircases, etc. It is where the top executives of Cargill are officed. My department however is located in the basement of this building, but they said it's really more split level so we're not in some gloomy dungeon or anything. Although I'm not quite sure what type of view we will have when snow covers our view out of the window in the winter! ;)

Michael works in the Office Center. His building and mine are connected by a really long underground tunnel. So we can definitely meet for lunch. We probably won't carpool unless the weather is bad or snowy since we will have different time schedules.

Here are some pics we took of the Cargill headquarters last January when we came to visit...

Entrance to the Lake Office

This is the Lake Office where I will be working.

This is the Office Center where Michael works.

2 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

Oh Congratulations!!! I am SO happy for you! This is going to be so great!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! Dressings, sauces and oils... Sound yummy, lol.