Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Texas Pride!

Our weekend was really nice...we got a new recliner for the living room and also got a new computer desk for our office! Sunday, we tried out a new lake called Lake Calhoun (just for you mom!). It was so pretty and was just packed with people laying out, swimming (burr!), and BBQing.

The highlight of our weekend was Saturday's lunch. We went to lunch at a place walking distance from our apartment called Baker's Ribs. It is authentic Texas BBQ!!! The owner is from Texas so the whole restaurant is covered in Texas paraphernalia. It was SO neat! He had TX license plates, Texas Monthly magazines, UT stuff, and best of all Texas A&M stuff! Of course we had to sit at the table by the A&M stuff and picture of Kyle Field! :) Michael was most excited b/c it is the first place that has served real (and non-flaovred) sweet tea! It was really fun and neat to see a place like that in Minnesota! I told Michael while we were eating that I hadn't felt all that homesick yet until we ate there! And when the older man walked in the restaurant with his UT hat on, I told Michael to hurry and put his A&M hat back on so we could represent! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The BBQ place sounds fun. Have you found any good German food places yet. I am enjoying your Blog site.. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

hey i guess you heard the news about me and tiffinie. have you seen the pics yet they are way cool. love yea lots
Brian

Anonymous said...

i wait duh, man im getting old i cant remember nothing. of course yall know yall where one of the fist ones to see the ring lol. anyway just ignore all of that. looks very pretty up there glad yall are enjoying it.
Brian

Misty Nelson said...

Oh that's so great that you found that place! Now when you do feel like you need a Texas fix you guys can go there. I'm so glad you found it!

Anonymous said...

Of course you found good Texas food, you know that Texans have to move around just to show other people what "GOOD" food is:-) So glad to hear that you are settling in and it sounds like it is really pretty up there. When you were talking about how everyone says "Yep, Yep, Yep" I just started laughing because I could picture you sitting here in front of me saying it:-) So how is the job interviewing going?
Love ya, Aunt Zana

Stephanie said...

There's one of those places in Houston! That's so cool that it's up there too, I bet y'all will be going there a lot. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love the idea of your blog site. However, it takes us older people a little longer to catch on to the responding back part!! :)
I can't wait to come to see you and visit all of the sites--especially the Texas BBQ place!
Love ya, Faith