Ok, 2 posts for one day since this one is a bit random...
So last Thursday just about scared the heebie-jebbie's out of me. We had really bad weather roll in and while I was sitting on the couch watching the Young & the Restless I had dvr'd and talking to my sister on the phone, all of the sudden the tornado sirens started going off. @#$^&@#$ I freaked out and suddenly forgot every bit of tornado safety I had ever learned. I'm still getting used to living in a mulitple story building so I tried to go over everything I learned: do I get in the bathtub with a mattress on top of me? do I go into the hall? do I haul it to the lowest floor of the building?
So of course, I chose none of those and instead chose to try to call Michael and ask him what to do. So then I hear his phone ring on the kitchen table and realized that plan wouldn't work. So I called Becky...she was calm as a cucumber and said her sirens were going off too but she figured it was more for indicating a severe storm. yeah, I wasn't gonna quite believe that one.
So then I look out the window and see Michael zipping in the parking lot. I met him in the hall and by the time he came inside and we walked to the window, the sirens started going off again!! So we grabbed our keys and cell phones and headed to the parking garage (which is in fact the lowest floor of the building...which apparently is where you're supposed to go). There were a few others down there but after a few minutes we headed back up since the sirens had quit. Luckily, nothing ever happened but boy was it scary!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment