Burr. The past 2 days when I have gotten home from work it has been 48 degrees! It's cold, but at the same time, it actually feels appropriate for this time of year. I guess it's because all the trees have changed and it actually feels like fall. So I am appreciating getting to see and experience a real fall season this year!
Sunday, I went out for some "retail therapy" and bought my warm dressy coat! Up until now, the thickest coat I had was my leather jacket that Michael gave me...and well that normally was sufficient for a Texas winter. So, I cruised through the huge coat department at Macy's and was in awe of how many different styles and types there were. So being that I don't ever buy coats, I was quite curious to see the prices of them all. Oh my. Definitely there were the more reasonable ones (which were a little less intimidating after the posted 20-30% off sale). But there was one that I actually gasped out loud when I saw the price! So being the practical shopper I was, I was actually drawn to the one on the 30% off rack and then used my gift card and walked away only spending $50. :) My kind of shopping!
We are really excited for our special guest this weekend...Grandpa Eckel (who is 85 years old) is coming to visit from Rusk, TX! He arrived yesterday and is visiting a friend in Wisconsin and then they will both come over tomorrow night. Howard will leave Friday morning for a trip and GP will spend the weekend with us. He is already on a mission to locate the state census records from 1891 to see if he can find record of his dad (my great grandpa) who lived here for a year or two after coming over from Germany and waiting to join the service. It is sure to be a weekend of wonderful memories with my GP!
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Grandpa Eckel is on another adventure! And he has a mission to complete! He's so cute! Such the traveler!
Glad you got a new coat! Send some of that cold crisp air down to Texas!
Post a Comment