...those were my words Friday when I looked out the window at work and saw beautiful huge snowflakes falling down everywhere. I got lots of laughs when I exclaimed "Wow! It's really coming down!" They all said "Oh Kyla, just wait." Michael and I both tried to capture pics with our cell phones but it didn't stick for too long. It sure was pretty and peaceful though.
Several mornings last week, it got down to the low 20s and on my way to work I noticed that the ponds and lakes sure did look wierd. Um yeah, it was because they were frozen. I guess I only expected puddles and little bodies of water to freeze, not the larger ponds too! I actually surprised myself today when I saw the week forecast and thought to myself it was going to be a pretty mild week b/c it's only getting into the low 40s.
We had another lazy weekend, but it was nice and relaxing. In fact, today we went and bought a new digital camera, finally! So we will try to capture some good pics soon so we can post some!
Last night we went out to dinner with Becky and then her and I went to the movies and saw American Gangster. Um yeah....you would have thought I would have learned my lesson after seeing The Departed and not knowing what that horrible movie was going to be about. But apparently not. I really like both Denzel Washington and Russel Crowe as actors, but frankly I'm just not comfortable spending 3 hours of my life watching detailed drug scenes and people getting blown up. It made for some quite horrific dreams last night. Becky and I agreed we should probably do a bit more research on movies instead of just choosing the one with the most convenient time. ;)
Aside from that, we are looking forward to doing dinner with our young adults group tomorrow night. Then this coming weekend, we will head down to Des Moines to see Jared & Amber! THEN....it will be time to go back to Texas for Thanksgiving. Everytime we talk about it, one of us ends up doing a happy dance of some sort.....hahaha......(you think I'm kidding, but i'm not!)
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am doing the happy dance right with y'all! I am so excited you are going to get to come home and I bet your family is excited as well! Be sure to bundle up. It's supposed to be in the 80's here in Big D. :P
Happy dance...hahaha! I cannot wait until you guys come see us. It's keeping me sane this week. That and the fact that I go grocery shopping Thursday. I have a sad life...
"Heeeeey Kyla" (EGV), You know you enjoyed The Departed because you were surrounded by such great company.
Whatever you do, you must always remember that "I was in the seat, I'll take the heat!!!" Man, Slater is so hot right now!
Post a Comment