Well, we finally seized the opportunity to join the young adults group at our church tonight. We were both quite nervous and found ourselves trying to talk ourselves out of going all day long. But once again, we put ourselves out there and God made it worth our while. :) We had a really great time and met some really nice people. It was a pretty small group but it was kind of nice b/c it allowed us the chance to visit with people more.
The group is made up of singles and lots of young couples between the ages of 21 and 39. They meet just about once a week...they do social events, theology nights (like tonight) and service activities for the community. We already got invited to a Thanksgiving dinner this weekend and I have a girls night on Monday to go out to eat with the girls of the group.
In addition to the social aspect of it, it was nice to have a group to share our faith with and an opportunity to discuss and grow in our faith. We had a leader who is one of the faith formation teachers in the church and we discussed the difference between Dogma and Doctrine in the Catholic Church. It was definitely challenging and lead to some deep conversations...so it was good!
I felt a bit nervous because the group is already pretty established, so I wasn't sure how open they would be to two new people. But they were very glad we were there and talked a lot about how they feel they are ready to start growing the group a lot more. So I think this group will be really good for us here!
*Oh, side note: We did get some snow flurries on Monday! They didn't stick of course but it was fun to see them blowing all around. :)
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I cannot tell you how glad I am that last night was such a good experience for you two! This is going to be so great for the two of you!
Yea for church!
Post a Comment