Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Winter Wonderland

I've had quite a few people ask me if the snow has melted yet or what it is like, so I thought I would post an update. We haven't had any new snow for a couple of weeks now. But all the snow that we have received so far (probably 8-10 inches) is still here since we haven't been above freezing for a long time! The roads are completely clear thanks to the plows and the salt they put down that helps melt the snow and ice. There are huge piles of snow all along the roads and business entrances where the plows push all the snow to. And unfortunately, the snow along the roads is totally black and gross. The snow on the hills and unwalked areas is still really pretty and white - but it is covered in little animal tracks everywhere. hehe I've been seeing the bunnies a lot lately!

It's been a "mild" week which means we've actually gotten to 30 degrees. It's amazing how big of a difference you can feel when it gets to the 30s! But it still gets quite chilly when the sun goes down (around 4:30pm!)! And in case you were wondering, even on the single digit days I still saw the Salvation Army people ringing the bell outside the stores! I stopped by the grocery store today and the guy ringing the bell outside was doing some sort of little happy dance while he rang the bell to stay warm. :)

Today and one day last week - we got a frost overnight. Basically they said the moisture from the humidity and fog in the air basically forms a frost on everything. It wasn't very extreme this morning, but last week is was absolutely beautiful!!! Looking around - it was completely white everywhere! Michael was able to catch some pictures before he left for work, so here they are!


2 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

I vote for Christmas in MN next year!!!! Just beautiful!

Amber said...

Isn't it amazing what those snow remover people are capable of?