Wednesday, January 16, 2008

2139

Tonight was our Theology Night with our 2139 group at church. Tonight's topic was the Eucharist led by Deacon Jim. There was only a small group of us but I was truly touched and moved by both the topic and the discussion we had. Which leads me to my next point...

I feel like I've been searching for so long to find this "something" in my faith that was missing. And after years of striving to find it and figure out what it was, I feel like I've found it. I've found a group of friends, close to my age, that I can share my faith with. I've found a church community to feel like I really belong in and I'm not just another member. I've found an opportunity to do service projects and chances to give back to the church and the community. And most importantly, I've found a group that allows me to challenge and grow in my faith.

It may have taken moving to Minnesota to find this, but it's in my life now and I feel truly thankful. So, if you are looking for something in your spiritual life, personal life, job etc....just hang in there b/c eventually God will lead you to where you need to be. Easier said than done I know, but if you keep looking He will lead you to it.

(Sorry if this was too mushy of a post for some of you, but this was just how I was feeling and felt the need to share it). :)

4 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

Oh Kyla this is so great! This really touches my heart to hear you say this and gives me hope that I too will find my "something" in my faith. You and Michael are such a blessing to so many people. You both will do such great things in your faith. Love you!

Amber said...

Thanks for rubbing it in! :) I know what you mean, though. Belonging to a church is so, so much better than just "going." I'm so happy you guys have found that.

Stephanie said...

:-) I'm so happy for you Kyla! You guys are going to have such rich memories in Minnesota... Just remember you still have to come back here when you're done!!!

Anonymous said...

God goes before you and will be with you. He knew what He was doing. :) Faith