Thursday, June 5, 2008

Poor Mr. Zippy :(

Sad news my friends - a monsterous thunderstorm came upon us starting around 3:30 today. I was sitting in the HR Atrium in a meeting with a coworker - when all of a sudden the huge skylights above us started getting pounded on. It sounded like rocks being thrown at glass. My coworker's first thought was "Quick, let's get out from under here in case the glass breaks!" My thought was "Hail??? Is that HAIL?!?!?!?!?! OH NO, MR. ZIPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Hopefully all of you know by now that Mr. Zippy is my silver Honda Civic (that still gets at least 32 mpg, thank you very much) that totally has his own personality and I am very protective of. (hehe)

I couldn't really see any dings until after Michael got home and all the rain had dried off my car in the garage. From what we could see, there are several little dings and a few big dings. :( If only I would have followd my initial thought this morning on the way to to work about parking in Michael's parking garage for the day. Now poor Mr. Zippy has to suffer with his new scars b/c of my laziness (and the fact that I was running 8 minutes late).

2 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

You are so good to Mr. Zippy! Maybe if I took that much care and concern towards my car, it wouldn't be such a burden.

And Mr. Zippy is nice and safe now in your new garage. Most of all he knows how much you love him.

Amber said...

NOT MR. ZIPPY! AAAHHHHHH! Seriously, though, I understand. Every time I see a white Focus, I have to look closely to see if it's Farrah.