Thursday, June 12, 2008

FOUR Years Ago...

Michael and I were married! Today we are celebrating our anniversary! It's been such a nice day! All day today (more so than previous years for some reason), I just kept thinking back to what we were doing at this time on our wedding day - getting hair done, at the wedding, dancing at the reception, etc. That day was by far the best day of my life - and I love every memory I have of that day.
It is such an awesome memory to have of the day you started your new life with your spouse - surrounded by all of your family and friends. And to be filled with the Holy Spirit and to receive the sacrament of Matrimony - wow we are blessed!

Sometimes I can't believe it's already been 4 years because it still seems so new and exciting! But then other times, I think of all the things we've done, places we've gone, and where we've lived and it seems so much longer.
Michael and I have never really done anniversary gifts. And this year we agreed as usual to not do gifts since we will be going on vacation next month anyways (in 3 weeks and 1 day to be exact!). I always give cards, so I figured that didn't really count as a gift so I was safe. But Michael totally broke the rule - and oh my gosh did he do good. For starters, he made chicken, stir fry green beans, and rolls for dinner with chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! YUM! But while we were having some bread as an appetizer, his cell phone rings and he scurries off to the bedroom. ??

He comes back down the stairs and informs me we are about to have a guest. I had no idea who he was talking about because it's not like we know tons of people here. Then in walks a masseuse who Michael arranged to come and give me a 30 minute chair massage in our house!!! I was so caught off guard and excited, my mouth just dropped! It was just heavenly!!!! So relaxing and I feel like I could fall asleep right now with my lavender scented and relaxed muscles! I couldn't ask for a more thoughtful husband and will continue to thank God every single day for blessing me with such an amazing man to share my life with.

Our first dance 4 years ago


Couple of honeymoon pics in Jamaica

3 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

OMG!!!! He is a true prince!!! That is the sweetest thing ever!!!

Congratulations on four years of wedded bliss! You guys deserve every bit of it!

Amber said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I can't believe it's already been four years. Hope you guys have even more fun in the next eighty.

Stephanie said...

Happy anniversary! And great job Michael! I must admit I am very impressed!