Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Grandma

Just wanted to let you all know that my Grandma passed away on Thursday afternoon. She was surrounded by her children and some of her grandchildren at the time of her passing.
I flew down Friday morning and the memorial service for her was on Saturday. Everything went really well...the service was beautiful and just honored how great my grandma was.

It was also very nice to see all of my extended family. It's been years since I've seen some of them so it was really great to be able to reconnect with everyone. Of course, I wish it was under different circumstances, but I think it's just one of those bittersweet things that comes with times like this, and something that God gives us on purpose to help us get through these rough times.

Please continue to keep my family in your prayers - especially my mom, aunts, and uncle. (my mom is 1 of 5 kids) Thank you all for your sweet comments and emails. The support really is so incredibly helpful.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm so sad for your family, but I'm glad you got to be there.

Stephanie said...

Still praying for your family right now Kyla, especially for the repose of the soul of your grandma.