Life:
Well for starters, I'm 29 now! I had a wonderful birthday. We went to Texas and spent the weekend at my parents house in Kilgore. It was such a perfect weekend. Both my sisters and their sweet families came in and we all just had a blast. My parents made the weekend so special for me - we had a good ol' Texas BBQ and homemade ice cream with cookie cake for dessert! Mmm! We played lots of games and I taught my niece and 2 of my nephews their first Brady Bunch song - hahahaha. Priceless memories! I just feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family and great friends as I celebrated my 29th birthday! Thanks to all of you for your calls and emails!
Job:
I had my last official day at my old job on Friday. For the past two weeks, I have been going back and forth between training in my new job and wrapping things up in my old job, training the temp, etc. I am SO happy to be done with my other job and able to focus on my new position now. I've already been working on several offsite meetings and have been sending out my first batch of proposals. The best part of it all is that I am finally doing something I enjoy! I still have tons to learn - but I'm looking forward to it!
House:
We went out for an early birthday dinner Thursday night since we knew Michael would have to be out of town this week once we got back. So after we got home, I headed downstairs to check my email. I stepped off the bottom stair and water came up in between my toes. Super long story short...the subpump in our basement broke and it flooded our whole basement. That resulted in the next 4 hours using every towel we owned to soak up as much water as possible. Our landlords came over and took over. Michael was able to work from home on Friday and Phil (landlord) took off work to deal with this all day too. I came home to find the entire basement cleared out and everything split between the living room upstairs and the garage. Ug. They were hoping to be able to salvage the carpet, but finally decided today to just replace it (thank goodness). Ug, what a mess. I am typing this sitting on my living room floor with the computer on the coffee table. :\
Eyes:
And just a random thing to share - stupid me procrasted in ordering some new contacts when I opened my last pair a couple of weeks ago. Well yesterday, my right contact somehow got this massive tear in it which resulted in me having to pull out and throw away both of my contacts. It will be a few days until I can get my new contacts. So I'm stuck wearing my dorky glasses b/c frankly I can't see anything these days without them. Ug. See what happens when you turn 29?!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I just spilled a glass of water on my carpet and it soaked one completely dry towel. I can't imagine a whole room with wet carpet. That is awesome that they are going to replace it.
And 29? Trust me...you have much more to worry about as you get MUCH older. ;)
Happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment