Besides the fact that I miss him really bad when he is away, I've realized something I have taken for granted in him......his ability to open jars for me!
Let me back up...
So Monday night, I stop by the grocery store to get a few essentials and I buy a new salsa that looks so good and will be the perfect thing to jazz up my bland baked chips. I get home, heat up my chicken taco, and pull out the salsa. The lid won't budge. I try and try to get it open and no luck. I even replayed what my dad taught me when I was little "Righty, tighty; Lefty loosey". And sure enough, I was turning in the correct direction. I try washing my hands to make sure they weren't slippery, no luck. I hit the bottom of the jar repeatedly, no luck. Got out the knife and tapped on the lid and attempted to loosen it from underneath, yeah....nothing. Michael calls in the middle of this and I plead for him to come home. He of course laughs at all my attempts. He said he heard hot water might be able to break the suction.....not so much. I ended up just burning my hands on the hot jar. :\ So after twisting on the lid until my hands were red, yelling at the jar and literally breaking a sweat....I gave up and just finished up the chunky stuff in the fridge...blah.
Tuesday...come home and decided the jar just had to have loosened over the past 24 hours. Nothing.
Wednesday...thought I would try one more time for giggles - whatever.
It's that time of day again....wish me luck as I head upstairs to figure out a new trick to get the stupid thing to open. (and no we don't have one of those grippy things or a regular jar opener)
And might I add...as I was typing the second paragraph a moderately sized spider comes crawling across the computer desk!!!!!!! After freaking out for a minute or two and looking for the largest weapon nearby, he is now shriveled up behind the desk with my benefits mailout next to him. Ug...............................if someone runs into my husband in Missouri, please send him home ASAP.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
At least you haven't given up on that jar. That is the important thing. I cringed when I read about the spider. Ugh.
You have the best stories!
We need to talk!
Post a Comment