Sunday, September 21, 2008

Work, work, work

That pretty much summarizes our week last week. I finally had the big conference that I had been working on for months. I literally worked from about 6:45am until 10pm every night. Oh man, I was SO tired. But it all went very smoothly, so I'm glad for that. I'm even more glad that it is all over!! wahoo! I can now focus on my new job for the first time since I started! But mostly, I am just glad to get back to a somewhat normal work life.

Michael is staying very busy too. They are in the middle of wheat sign ups for his crop insurance program. He was in Ohio last week and heads to Tennessee tomorrow for an all week trip. :( But he is doing great and I'm so proud of him!

I meant to post this pic a while back...but never did. This cracks me up! For Michael's business unit's annual sales meeting, he had to lead some breakout sessions on the crop insurance program. So they took pics of all the presenters with a sign of their session name and developed life size cut outs to put up next to their meeting room. So funny...

I insisted that Michael bring home his body double because it was just funny. We started off with him being placed in the guest bedroom, but then it kept freaking me out every time I would glance in there and see someone standing there. So then we put him in the guest bedroom closet (facing outwards so he could see of course)...well then Michael went to the closet to get his suitcase out and nearly had a heart attack when he saw himself standing there!

So now the Michael cutout is turned around in the guest bedroom closet facing the wall where he can pose no threat. :)

3 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

Hahahahaha!!! That is so funny!! It is so Michael!

Glad you are going to start this week in somewhat "normal" mode. I hope Michael has a safe trip.

Anonymous said...

I honestly can't tell which is the body double in that picture. Kyla, you need to get a body double as well so Mike Jr won't be lonely. It's a rough life for him, especially when you look like that...HAHA...ZINGER!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, every time I see that picture of Michael and his double I almost cry laughing so hard. I think the funniest image is you and Michael getting scared by it!