Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Winter Visit

Sorry, I know it's been a long time since I've posted! But I finally have something to post! :)

Last week, we had some winter visitors!! My parents came to visit for a long weekend! Thursday, we had another winter storm and got a fresh 6 inches of snow! It was really pretty - my mom & dad had fun walking around in it - dad even made a snow angel! :)

Friday, Mom and I went to the movies and had a relaxing day together. While we were having some girl time, Michael and my dad went ice fishing! They had to drill through about 3 feet of ice to get to the water. They were out there all day - didn't catch anything very big, but they had a blast! They borrowed the equipment from our friend Jim so my dad got the full experience. Unfortunately, all the ice fishing pics are on my parents camera - so I don't have any to post.

Saturday, the guys went snow tubing and mom and I just went and got some hot chocolate in the lodge building so we could keep warm. :) Then we all went for pizza at this yummy place called Ole Piper that Becky and Brendan introduced us to.

We got in lots of game time and had some yummy feasts! Michael showed my parents it is possible to grill some yummy steaks outside as it's snowing! :) Sunday we even went for a little drive ON the lake....don't think my mom was a big fan of that...she was close to hyperventiliating by the time we turned around to go back. Sorry Mom - hehe.

We miss you Mom & Dad and thank you again for coming!

Mom out in fresh snow - burr!
Waiting in line for snowtubing

Mom & Dad!

At a yummy frozen custard place on the way to the airport! What better way to enjoy 15 degree temps?!

3 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

Oh I am so glad your parents had a nice visit and got to experience the weather up north!

Anonymous said...

The fresh snow looks so pretty and fluffy! I'm glad yall had such a nice visit. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! Loves!

Amber said...

I feel your mom's pain. I am totally freaked out at the idea of driving on a lake. I'm glad you all survived the experience!