This past weekend, we went camping with our friends Josh and Julie. We went to St. Croix State Park which is about 2 hours northeast of the Twin Cities.
As we pulled into the park, a black bear totally walked across the road!! I freaked out! We tried to get a pic but it disappeared to fast. Luckily that was our only sighting!
We got a new tent before this trip! Our last tent was really small and you couldn't even stand up in it, so I decided it was time for a new one! We got there Friday night and got it all set up. Saturday, we did a little bit of hiking along the river that separates MN and WI. Then that afternoon, we went canoeing down the river! Our biggest accomplishment is that we didn't even get in a fight about the paddling! haha :)
It was a really nice day weather wise. The guys got some fishing time in and Julie and I had fun just sitting at the campsite and visiting. Sat night, Michael grilled us some yummy pork chops and baked potatoes. We played some cards and enjoyed the traditional campfire s'mores! The weather at night was nice and cool in the 60s - it made for some of the best camping sleeping we've ever had! :) (minus the dog barking at 5am which I am determined he was barking at some big scary animal)
It was a great time and fun to spend the weekend with J&J!

Setting up the new tent!
The finished product!

Kinda a dark pic - but this was the 4 of us on our hike
In the nature center, Michael and Josh being goofy - a perfect couple
Girl time around the campfire
Josh and Julie
Using his meat brand thing on the firewood (MZ)

3 comments:
I do not think I could have stayed after seeing a bear! Go Kyla!
What a fun weekend! And what perfect weather you had! Glad y'all found another couple that likes to camp too. :) Fun times!
Oooh...sounds really fun... It would sure beat this heat! Mom Z
Post a Comment