Saturday, October 23, 2010

Our blessing!

I am thrilled to announce that Michael and I are expecting a BABY!!!!!

Our sweet little baby is due on April 13. We are happy and excited beyond words and thank God every single day for entrusting us with such a precious miracle. We found out in early August and have just been beaming ever since!

The first trimester went really well. Around week 7, I felt pretty gross every day. Not so much nauseous but more just a sour feeling stomach. That only lasted about a week though, so overall I have been blessed with a very easy pregnancy so far. I do have a heightened sense of smell that makes Michael laugh sometimes and my dreams have been quite vivid. For the most part though, I'm just tired so I definitely try to take advantage of naptimes on the weekends.

Our families are so thrilled. This will be grandbaby #7 on my side - there are currently 3 boys and 3 girls so ours will be the tie breaker. :) And on Michael's side there are 3 boys so far - with very blonde hair might I add. We spend a lot of time daydreaming and trying to envision what our precious baby will look like.

I'm a little over 15 weeks now and am not really showing yet. Although, my pants sure are tight and uncomfortable. Oy. :P We will find out if it's a boy or a girl right before Thanksgiving so that will be so exciting!

We are loving every second of this special time in our lives and we thank God for our baby and this incredible experience! I'm sure you'll see the blog take on a new focus as we prepare for this new chapter in our lives - so stay tuned!

In the meantime, meet our precious little baby...

This was at our appointment where I was just about 10 weeks pregnant so the baby has changed so much since then.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excited beyond words with a heart bursting with gratitude! Love you all 3! Kristina

Katherine said...

YEA!!! I can't wait for baby updates on your blog! So fun that we can follow your pregnancy so closely since you are so far away! :(

God's blessings are nothing short of a miracle! Sooooo excited to find out if it's a boy or girl and of course to meet sweet baby Zajicek! :)

Amber said...

Woo hoo!!! I'm thinking girl for some reason, but Michael does need a boy for a beer-making buddy some day...

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!

Dana said...

I am so excited for you guys! What a special blessing. I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl. You will make such a great mom and I know the cousins will all have so much together. CONGRATS!

Misty Nelson said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! I cannot think of two better people to become parents than the two of you! I cannot wait until your little blessing arrives!

I totally have the girl vibe too! :D

Stephanie said...

YAY! I have been stalking your blog for the announcement, hehehe! You know y'all are in our prayers ever day, I can't even tell you how totally excited we are!

Ryan, Carrie, Brooke, and Heather said...

Yeah!!! I'm so happy for y'all! Your child is so blessed to have y'all as parents! I can't wait to find out what your having!! :)

Lauri said...

Kyla, I am SO thrilled for you and Michael!! There is just nothing like the blessing of a child. It changed my life completely in the best ways imaginable. You and your hubby will be the best parents, and you are so lucky to have so many sweet cousins on both sides! Congrats and keep us all posted!!

Amanda said...

Imagine the very happiest you've ever been in your entire life and multiply that times infinity. That's how much joy this new baby is going to add to your lives. Just you wait and see. ;-)

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you both!