Monday, November 8, 2010

The Sweetest Sound

Today, we had our monthly doctor's appointment and boy was it a good one. For the first time ever, we were able to hear our sweet baby's heart beat. It just took our breath away and we both got the biggest smiles on our faces.

The nurse practicioner said we could record it with our phones if we wanted but we told her we just so happened to have our camera with us. :)

Michael was under strict instructions to not show my bare belly, so turn up your volume a bit and listed to my most favorite sound I've ever heard. And in case you're wondering - I don't say anything...mainly because I was crying pretty hard and I was trying to stay really still so I didn't mess up the sound. :)


9 comments:

Misty Nelson said...

OH my gosh!!! That really is the sweetest, sweetest sound!!!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on a HUGE milestone! I'm crying too, for what it's worth, and Beth said it sounds like a choo choo! We're still praying for Baby Z. every day!

Stephanie said...

Oh and although I understand you not wanting to show your bare belly, but be so proud of what he/she is doing to your body. It's one of the many marks of motherhood, and it will never go back to being the same again! I know you wouldn't trade it for the world!

Becky and Brendon Anderson said...

That is an amazing sound! I love how the clip ends with you wiping a tear from your eye. I got choked up too :)

Katherine said...

Awww, just listen to that sweet baby in there! Baby Zajicek is sounding so good! Nice, strong heartbeat!

Dana said...

That is so wonderful. I'm glad the heartbeat is nice and strong. And just wait, there are many, many more sweet sounds to come. Their first cry, first little coos and giggles, first words, first time they say "I love you" - oh how he/she will melt your heart over and over again. I'm just so excited for you!

Lauri said...

So sweet, Kyla! You got me a little choked up myself ;-) You are looking great, Mama!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME seester! Congratulations on one of the first moments you will NEVER forget in regards to parenting! So super thankful baby continues on his or her journey of miracles safely, what a gigantic blessing! God is good!

I love you! Kristina

Amber said...

Aw, that's so sweet! How crazy is it that you have two hearts beating inside of you!? I'm so curious what little Z will look like!