We had such a wonderful Christmas with our families in Texas.
We went to my family for the first half of our visit. My middle sister Katherine and her sweet family were there. Kristina and her family were in Argentina this year but luckily we got to see them before we left! We had a blast just being together. Us girls played with the kids while the guys played their normal frisbee golf outside, brewed beer with my dad's new brew set, etc. And then we were all "lucky" enough to have a front row viewing of the mating donkeys in the pasture that backs up to my parents lot. Let's just say that's something I don't ever care to see again! But, it sure did make for some funny jokes.
It was so fun to spend time with my nephews and new niece. Jacob told me I was his favorite girl and the boys nicknamed me Aunt Kee. :) We got to see my extended family on Christmas day and then a couple of days later for a mexican dinner in Tyler. On the evening of Christmas day, my aunts and cousins threw me a baby shower! It was so much fun and I got the cutest stuff for our little guy!
Then on Wednesday, we headed to Temple to spend the second half of our trip with Michael's family. Michael got to work out on the pecan orchard with his dad which he always enjoys. We had our Christmas celebration on New Years Eve. Faith bought champagne for NYE and bought some sparkling grape juice for me. :) I ended up drinking my stuff alone because I couldn't convince our nephews that it really didn't have alcohol in it. :P We got to see Michael's Grandma and played some fun Scrabble games with her. :)
Then on New Year's Day, Michael's family threw a shower for me with the aunts and cousins! It was so nice and was such a great turnout! Again, baby boy made out very well in the cute clothes department!
We were so sad to have to come back at the end of our trip, but we were so thankful for the fun time we had with everyone. It was really special to get to see everyone and for everyone to see us while we're expecting and celebrate the anticipation of our little guy with us!
Hope everyone has a wonderful 2011!

3 comments:
I heart baby showers! Glad you guys had a fun time, and I can't believe how big your niece and nephews have gotten!
Love all the pictures! I had such a fun time with you guys. Especially being able to see that baby bump in person! :)
I miss you tons and can't wait to see you next with that baby boy in your arms!
I'm glad y'all had a wonderful trip to Texas and got to see all your family! It was so much fun getting to see you! Isn't it so much fun getting gifts and preparing for the baby?! I'm so happy for y'all! He will be here before you know it!
Post a Comment