Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nursery Furniture Preview

Today we made our first big purchase for our little guy! After church, we headed to Babies R Us and bought our crib and changing table/dresser combo unit.

I've been looking online and found several possibilities but it was much easier to be able to go and look in the store, shake them around, etc. We went to USA Baby as well to compare but they were quite expensive so we kinda did a speed loop around the store.

We went back to Babies R Us probably 3 different times and finally decided on the best set for us to go with. We are going with the white furniture for the nursery and are doing the convertible crib so it can grow as our little guy grows. I had a coupon for 20% off furniture at Babies R Us so that definitely helped with the gift cards we had there too.

Below are some pictures of the furniture. We actually had a different bed from different collection picked out that we liked a little better, but the whites were slightly different colors so we ultimately decided that it may be better to just get both pieces from the same collection. The dresser is actually a combo unit so the top will serve as the changing table. And I double checked that there is a way to secure the changing pad to the top so it's not slipping around everywhere. Plus, it will give us 6 great drawers for keeping his little clothes, diapers, burp cloths, etc.

I have to say it made us both SO excited to be taking this next step in preparing for baby. My sister Kristina is coming up the first weekend in February for a visit (wahoo!!) and after that the baby furniture should be in and then we plan to start changing the room from guest room to the nursery! :)




6 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh it's so pretty! I love the white for nursery furniture! And i love the dresser. You will like having all that drawer space. So exciting you guys got it ordered and one step closer to sweet boy getting here!

Jenn said...

Yay! How fun! It's getting more and more real! The furniture looks wonderful and I'm so excited for you guys! Won't be long now ... :)

Amber said...

That is such an exciting purchase!

Stephanie said...

I like it, and you definitely won't regret going with white! Getting that nursery put together will definitely up the "real" factor to all of this! :-)

Ryan, Carrie, Brooke, and Heather said...

So exciting! I love the furniture! We did the convertible crib thing too!

Kristina said...

I love the white too! You will be so excited when you get the nursery set up and you get to put the furniture and the room all together! I cant wait to see you guys! love you!