Sunday, January 30, 2011

Movements

This past week, I noticed some changes in the way baby was moving. There for a while he was super active and would do some massive kicks/movements that would make my whole belly move!

Then, last weekend through the first half of last week, he got really quiet. I could still feel him move but it was very much a change in the type of movements. Instead of big kicks at the top of each side of my belly, I was only feeling little bitty flutter movements way down low. I was glad I was still feeling that at least. By Tuesday, I decided to call the nurses line just to see if it's something I should be concerned about. She suggested I do a kick count and they like to see 10 movements of any sort within an hour. She also suggested I do it after a meal where I can sit still and really focus on the baby.

So, I did the kick counts and I'm happy to report that baby passed with flying colors! :) He had close to 25 movements! We redid the count the next night as well and I quit counting after a half hour when he already had 20+ movements again! I'm thinking he must have just changed positions and now has changed back because now he is back to normal with strong feeling kicks! I love it! It's so funny when I'll have my arms crossed or a hand on my belly and he will kick right where I am. And there for a while Michael hadn't been able to feel any kicks because they were so light feeling, but he finally felt him again yesterday and was so happy!

In other developments, little guy has started having the hiccups! I wasn't sure what was going on at first but he's had them several nights now and it's just this small reoccuring feeling/pulse in my belly that is fairly rhythmic like hiccups are. Every day is just amazing and every tiny feeling I feel just somehow makes me love our little baby even more. We talk so much about how loved and adored our sweet baby is and he's not even born yet! :)

Here is a progression of belly pics - kinda neat to see my progress up until now (29 1/2 weeks):

16 weeks

18 weeks

20 weeks - half way point!

21 weeks

27 weeks

29 weeks

3 comments:

Ryan, Carrie, Brooke, and Heather said...

I'm glad he's kicking well! You are so cute with your belly pics! I can't believe he'll be here soon!

Katherine said...

I LOVE the belly pics. Baby boy is really growing. I love to see the progress over these last few months. You're so good at documenting all of this. You will love being able to look back at these pics one day! You look great!

Amber said...

Glad little guy started kicking hard again for you! That can be stressful! Even though your belly has grown, it's still crazy to think that a little baby is squished in there. Amazing! I am SO excited to see what he looks like!