Hi everybody - I'm back! And I'm officially 6 months old now!! I can't believe I'm already half a year old!
Well let's see...where should I start in recaping the previous month for you. Well, I should probably confess that over the past month, I had some really hard nights sleep wise. I think I was waking up (or at least crying in my sleep) every 1/2 hour to an hour on some nights. Mommy told people that she felt like it was harder than when I was a newborn baby! But the good news is that I'm sleeping much better now! In fact, last night I woke up at 10:30 because I just couldn't get comfy, and then I went back to sleep until 4:30am! Then it was snack time, hehe.
I'm still teething and still no signs of my first tooth coming in. Oy. I eat rice cereal and am now starting to have it every night now that I'm 6 months. Mommy told me that next week she is going to start giving me some new foods called avocado and sweet potato, wonder what that will be like!
I am a rolling machine these days. I still just roll to the left, but boy am I fast at it! I've started making some new noises and when I stick my tongue out and make sounds, I can make a "th" type of sound. I think my most obvious change over the past month is how much hair I have gotten on my head! It's so long on the sides that mommy has to brush it behind my ear! I hear Mommy & Daddy talk every day about trying to figure out what color my hair is...I think they've decided it's a dirty blonde like Daddy's with some definite red in it that you can see in the light.
Now that I'm getting older and have learned my surroundings a bit better, I get really scared sometimes by new faces, new voices or new places. It makes me cry pretty hard but Mommy and Daddy are always able to calm me down with a hug and kiss.
Mommy has been taking me to Mother Goose time at the library. I really like it. It's a story/activity time for me and other babies my age. We sing some songs, listen to some stories that Ms. Lindsay reads, and play with the big parachute and other toys. We also go to a play group at the church sometimes. In fact, Mommy said that on Friday we are going to Zoo Boo with the play group! I can't wait to wear my halloween outfit!
I went to my 6 month dr's appt yesterday. I am 27 3/4" (90%), 16 lbs, 15 oz (just under the 50%) and my head is 17 3/4" (75-90%). I wear size 3 diapers (still have blowouts from time to time) and am in size 6-9 months in clothes.
Here are lots of pictures to share with you! In fact, I'll just tell you what I was thinking during all these pictures...

3 comments:
Aww, love the updates! he is doing so much and I love the age he is at! 6-9 months are my favorite. He is so smiley and happy I love it! He does have more hair! CAN'T wait to see you guys this weekend!
Well hello Mr. Joseph! So glad to see you blog again! Wow you are up to all kinds of things! I am glad you are enjoying story time at the library! I agree with mommy and daddy...I see a little red in that hair! Promise you won't get much bigger until I can see you, okay?
Snuggles!
Aunt Misty
I think he could easily win a cutest lil' boy contest! And it is so much fun that he can actually play with Kermie now! : ) Joseph's Grandma Z
Post a Comment