Monday, November 21, 2011

7 Months

Last week, our precious Joseph turned 7 months old! More so than normal, I feel like the past month went by SO fast. For some reason, it seemed like he was 5 months for so long. But once I got used to the fact that he was finally 6 months, then he turned 7 months!

Every day is just more fun with Joseph! He is so expressive now and can certainly express when he is happy, sad, hungry, etc. I've begun sitting him in his stroller without his car seat and he likes it a lot more because he can look around and see so many new things.

He is doing so great with his solid foods as well. His favorite is sweet potato! He also has had avocado, bananas, plain yogurt, and pears. He also is on oatmeal cereal at night instead of rice cereal. He gets so excited to eat and kicks his feet in excitement before each bite!

He sits up on the floor really well now when he plays with his toys. He also makes the cutest noises when he plays. He still isn't the best sleeper at night so we're still trying to figure that one out. I think the most obvious changes in Joseph are that he FINALLY cut his first tooth a couple of weeks ago. Then I just discovered last week, that his second one is in as well right along side the first one! They are really starting to show when he smiles and it's so cute! The other big obvious change is that he has so much hair now!

And finally, I am writing this last section to Joseph so I will never forget certain things about the age he is at now:

-I love the way you reach for everything within sight (although a challenge when walking through tight aisles in the stores!)
-I love how when I leave your room briefly before you've fallen asleep for your nap, you quickly roll to your tummy so you can peek over the railing of the crib to see where I am.
-I love how when I open the trunk to get the stroller out, you know that I will peek over the seat to smile at you and say hi and you already have a huge smile on your face just waiting to see me
-I love that you are becoming more ticklish
-I love that you find comfort in holding onto a lock of my hair, especially when you're sleepy
-I love that you kick your feet when you're excited, especially when I come to get you out of your crib when you wake up from a nap
-I love that the highlights of your day are when we get crushed ice off the fridge door and how you love to lick the tiny ice shavings off the rim of my cup :)
-I love that when you're upset, sometimes you just want your mommy
-I love that the mirrors in our house have little finger streak marks on them from when you like to play with your reflection in the mirror
-I love your big eyes and how strangers always comment on them and how alert you are
-I love my favorite time of the day with you - after you have fallen asleep for the night nursing, I pull you close to me and cuddle you in my arms for a few minutes and I thank God for you and I say prayers over you


Here are some new pictures!

7 month picture with Kermie


4 month shot for comparison




I also got Joseph's professional pictures taken at JcPenney. They were for his 6 month pictures, but he was actually around 6 1/2 months when they were taken:






And here are the outtake shots with Kermie! These pictures are getting quite difficult now that he is so fond of his Kermie!




2 comments:

Amber said...

He's changed so much! I can't wait to see him in person! And this post totally made me tear up.

Misty Nelson said...

-I love that the mirrors in our house have little finger streak marks on them from when you like to play with your reflection in the mirror

This was my favorite!!!!