I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a great holiday celebrating our first Thanksgiving with our little guy.
We headed to Michael's parents house in Temple for the long weekend. Joseph had so fun seeing his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins there! We had a great Thanksgiving dinner and one day Michael smoked a ham, so we definitely ate good the whole time we were there!
Saturday, we got to see our good friends Jared and Amber who were in town from Memphis where they live now. We met up at Casa Ole, our old stomping grounds. Years ago when we all lived in the same neighborhood in Humble, we would go to the Casa about once a week. So when we get together now, we always go to Casa Ole! :)
Also, Michael and I had our first outing just the two of us. We left Joseph with his grandparents and Aunt Lauren & Uncle Luke while we ran to Best Buy and Wal-Mart. They said he did pretty good for the most part. It was nice to have a little bit of time just the two of us, but it sure felt different without our little buddy with us!
We also got to go out to Rogers to the house and land where Michael grew up. Jimmy still does his pecan work there and has some cattle on the land. So after we walked around a while, we went and showed Joseph his first herd of cattle! It was super windy and chilly that day, so he was a little busy gasping for air with the wind in his face, but I think he did catch a few glimpses of the cows. :) It's so fun and special to have all these firsts with Joseph.
I'm disapointed I didn't get any shots of Joseph with everyone else, but here are a few shots we did get.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh, I can't stop laughing at that picture of us! It was so great to get to see you guys, and I'm glad the Casa tradition continues!
Post a Comment