Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Garden in the Making

Ever since we moved back into a house, Michael has been so excited to finally get to have his "garden". Now, our backyard is not big at ALL, unfortunately. So we went back and forth as to where the best place is to put our little garden so that it didn't take up half our yard.

In the back right corner of our backyard which is rarely seen, the builder put a flower bed around the electrical boxes. So, we decided that would be the best spot and we would use the back half of that flower bed for the garden.

So this past weekend, Michael got it all put together! It took a few trips to Home Depot, but he put in the ties and used rebar (sp?) to keep them all together. He filled up with lots of dirt and before long he will be planting all our garden foods. He bought seeds for onions, lettuce, bell pepper, radiches, tomatoes and carrots. Of course I'm not the biggest veggie eater, but I'll work on that. ;)

Flower bed - before
The gardener in progress


The finished product


And the after shot!

3 comments:

Katherine said...

Oh girl. That looks great! He did a great job. That's cute he wanted a garden. I can't wait to see the fresh produce you guys get from it! How fun and do share! :)

Heather said...

The garden turned out great! Good work Michael. I hope you have a mighty crop. ;)

Anonymous said...

Garden looks good. I can't wait to see it in a few months with all the good things growing!! Mom