Wednesday, February 8, 2012

These Hands...

~These hands...are so sweet and gentle.
~These hands...are soft and I love to hold them when I nurse you to sleep at night.
~These hands...are so curious and love to grab things and reach for things far away.
~These hands...love to grab noses.
~These hands...gave me a bloody nose last week because they grab noses a little too hard.
~These hands...get so messy and sticky when you eat.
~These hands...wave hello and goodbye to strangers which shows your sweet spirit.
~These hands...flap up and down when you are happy and excited.
~These hands...are constantly in your teething mouth.
~These hands...hate to be wiped off after your meals.
~These hands...contain the sharpest little fingernails I could ever imagine.
~These hands...like to touch your ear and stroke your hair when you are sleepy and about to fall asleep.
~These hands...were first seen by us when you were a tiny baby in my stomach and you always had one by your face.
~These hands...like to play and pull my hair.
~These hands...allow you to explore and play with things around you.
~These hands...now like to pull you up on things.
~These hands...will learn to be folded in prayer throughout your life.
~These hands...I love so very much.
~These hands...will one day grow to be bigger than mine...

6 comments:

Ryan, Carrie, Brooke, and Heather said...

I love this poem! It is so simple and sweet, but says a lot about his personality! I also loved to hold my girls hands while I nursed them to sleep. It is the most peaceful time of the day and I wish I could have trapped that moment forever. :) Miss you girl!

Misty Nelson said...

This is absolutely one of the sweetest things I have ever read!!!!

Katherine said...

Aww, what a sweet post girl! Those tiny hands are precious. So sweet that you can appreciate all that he does with those sweet hands. Even if he did give you a bloody nose! haha! Those little hands will just get busier and busier. Can't believe sweet boy will be 1 soon! :-(

Love you!

Charlie said...

These hands: will give grandpa a punch in the snoot! ;-))

Grandma! said...

These hands will be wrapped around you heart all your life! Precious Kyla.

Anonymous said...

Be sure you keep that poem in some place special so that you can give it to him when he is older!

P.S....time you started writing a book! : ) Faith