Well the first 2 weeks have flown by with our sweet baby Andrew! Part of me feels like it's definitely been 2 weeks when I think of all the things that have happened during that time, but then the other part of me can't believe that 2 weeks has already gone by! Here's a little update of our past couple of weeks!
We took Andrew to the doctor last Saturday because his little clogged tear ducts got a little infected. She gave him some ointment and luckily both eyes are looking great! At that appointment, his weight had stayed the same since we left the hospital and he had only gained an ounce since that Monday when we took him to get his jaundice checked. I was very concerned about it, but the doctor said he probably just wasn't done losing weight yet when we had weighed him that Monday.
Since then, he has been feeding like crazy and been having more awake and alert time. So I'm happy to report that at his 2 week doctor appointment yesterday, he had gained 6 ounces (1oz/day since his last appt) and is only 2 oz below his birth weight! I was hoping he had gotten back up past his birth weight, but the doctor was very happy with where he was and isn't concerned about it since he's feeding so well and clearly on the gaining track now - yay!!
The past few nights have been a little better sleep wise. The doctor said we no longer have to wake Andrew to eat at night, and only have to wake him during the day, every 3-4 hours! So at least at night, if he wants to go for longer stretches of sleep then he can have at it! The past few nights, he has gone close to 3-4 hours without waking and I tell ya, it sure makes me feel like a different person to have some consecutive hours of sleep! :)
Joseph is still doing really great in his new role as big brother. He loves to hug Andrew and always notices if he isn't with me. Lately, Joseph has been really patting my belly and looking at it. It's so funny but we think he is really noticing that I'm not pregnant anymore! The c-section restrictions have been really hard for me to not be able to pick him up, but I know it's temporary and we are figuring out how to do things around the restrictions.
Michael's mom came last week for a few days and my mom has been here since Sunday. I've been trying to take advantage and get lots done this week while I can, so it's been a good and productive week! Joseph has enjoyed many outings too with his grandmas! I am SO thankful our moms have been able to come and help - I couldn't have done it without them!
Andrew is still so sweet and cuddly. He certainly does not like having his diaper changed and has mastered quite a loud little cry. He makes such cute little baby noises at times and I love that he is having more awake time so I can look him straight in the eye and tell him how much I love him! The first couple of weeks with a newborn certainly are challenging in so many ways, but it is SO very worth it!
| Fast asleep one morning when Michael left for work |
| Joseph enjoying his baby brother |
| Andrew's first sponge bath! |
| So little bitty! |
| Love snuggling with my little Andrew! |
| And Daddy loves it too! |
| Joseph checking on Andrew in the little crib |
| Sound asleep |
| cuddles with Grandma |
| He had his hands in a little praying position |
| Look at that sweet little face |
| Andrew with my Dad |
| We didn't have the best of photo shoots, but here is his 2 week picture with his little turtle! |

No comments:
Post a Comment